Before knowing about the web speed test tools, you need to know what is page speed. Page load time is the time taken to download and display the whole content of a web page in the browser window (measured in seconds).
Fast and optimized pages guarantee better conversions, higher sales and number of visitors. Users love to visit websites which don’t make them wait. Faster the website better the user engagement you will get.
The other important role of page is that now its an important part in Google ranking. So you need to optimize the webpage speed to get higher Google rankings.
You need to analyze the website speed so that you can get the data as to where you need to make more efforts to improve the performance of your site.
Website Speed test help you in analyzing the following factors
- The scripts, fonts, and plugins causing the load time issue.
- Analyzes the page load time and page sizes.
- Checking the performance of your website.
- Checking geographical performance.
- Finds large size images reducing your page speed.
- Page load time for mobile users.
- Measuring the performance of your Content Delivery Network.
- Checking speed in different browsers.
You can get all these analyses after a speed test. For that, you need to know how and which website speed test tools you need to use. I am discussing some of the website speed test tools which I found the best.
GOOGLE PAGE SPEED INSIGHTS
It is a website speed test tool that scales your website from 1-100. Google Page Speed Insights tool grades both the desktop and mobile site speeds. The higher the number the better your website is optimized for speed, so you need to optimize the website to get the good score.
It provides you all the details, what problems you need to fix and what is going good in your site for both mobile and desktop separately. You can check the image below, its showing results for both Desktop and Mobile.
It is a web application which offers the suite of tools to analyze the performance of your website so that you know how to optimize it. It gives scoring from A to F and we know As are better than Fs. It is one of the most used website speed test tool.
Tool divides the analysis into 4 tabs
- Google Page Speed – It provides you the data from Google PageSpeed score ranging from 1 to 100.
- YSlow – Yslow is Yahoo’s Speed Analyser and since Yahoo & Bing have agreements, Bing is probably using this information in its search results.
- Waterfall – It displays loading behavior of your page in your selected browser.
- Timings – It tells how much time each page is taking to load.
- Video – Records a video of your page loads where stoppages occur.
- History – Comparison to previous speed tests run by you on this site.
PageScoring is an easy website speed test tool. You just need to enter the URL of your domain and click start test. On the top, it will give you the time taken to load all content and files from that page.
Report given by page speed has :-
- Domain Lookup – Time taken to resolve your domain to the correct server IP.
- Connection Time – Time taken to establish a connection to the web server.
- Page Size – Total page size of the website downloaded in bytes.
- Download – Time taken to download the data.
- Average Speed – The average speed of the connection during download.
Pingdom offers cost-effective and reliable uptime and performance monitoring for your websites. This tool helps you analyze the load speed of your website and then improve it accordingly. It provides details about load time, page size, requests and gives you grade according to the performance of your site.
One of the main factor that makes Pingdom a unique service is its ability to monitor your website from multiple locations globally.
WEB PAGE TEST
Its similar to other tools but has around 50 locations to choose from. It grades you from A to F based on the different performance test. Its report is divided into 6 sections Summary, Details, Performance View, Content Breakdown, Domains, Processing Breakdown, Screen Shot.
Web Page Speed increases the opportunity of a site to be infront of the audience, before they loose interest.
- Webpage speed play an important role in conversion and ranking so testing the website speed is very important.
- The above discussed website speed test tools are the best in my knowledge so you can use them to analyze your website performance.