Before moving forward its important to know about Page Speed. Page speed can be described as page load time, the time taken by a specific page to display all the entire content in a browser window.
GREAT FEATURES AND BENEFITS OF WORDPRESS SITE
- The great things is that “WordPress is Free”.
- WordPress is fully featured, fully customizable web site creation platform.
- WordPress is the most search engine friendly CMS platform, the sites made on WordPress tend to rank higher than sites built on other platforms.
- Over 18,000 free plugins are available for WordPress. A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They makes it easy for users to add features to their website without knowing a single line of code.You can add or remove plugins according to your need.
- WordPress is an open source platform, it provides flexibility to choose any of the designs and create one. WordPress has multiple inbuilt themes. It provides free themes and also allows you create more as per your business requirements.
- WordPress can be extended to Multisite feature on demand base. So by using a single WordPress installation, you will be able to develop and maintain multiple sites.
Due to these all features and benefits of WordPress, there has been a huge hike in the use of WordPress platform. People are moving to use WordPress platform for their websites.
BENEFITS OF OPTIMIZING PAGE SPEED
Good Page Speed Improves Google Ranking
Improving website speed is a very important factor for two aspects, one is ranking factor and the other is conversions. Google has cleared that the web page speed is considered in the Google algorithm for ranking. For a better ranking it’s important to optimize the page speed to get better results in Google Search Engine Result Page (SERP).
Good Page Speed Improves User Experience
As we all know, no one likes to wait so nobody is going to wait for your page to load. You will loose a huge number of customers and visitors if your website speed is not optimized. Optimizing webpage speed will improve your user experience on your site and it will help in generating more sales by getting more visitors and referrals. Improving Website Speed is going to increase your profit directly.A good page load time is under 2 seconds.
Now, people are moving to use WordPress platform for their business and blogging,its an easy Content Management System (CMS) platform. People make a mistake by thinking that WordPress is a blogging platform only. That was true in the past but WordPress has evolved throughout the years into a versatile CMS. Now it allows you to create fully functional websites and mobile applications through the thousands of plugins, widgets and themes.
The use of WordPress platform is increasing. Having a WordPress website is good but you need to optimize it to get better results.
Good News is that WordPress speed optimization can be done by you yourself, you just need to know the ways how to do it. I will not say WordPress speed optimization is easy, but yes if you know the right ways it can be done in a great way.
HOW TO SPEED UP WORDPRESS SITE
- Choose a good web hosting.
- Use a fast theme – Don’t choose a theme with additional features that you don’t require, it will negatively impact your website performance.
- Enable Gzip Compression.
- Image optimization – Use small size image or you can use compressing tools for minimizing the image size. PNG images are of smaller size than JPG so you can use that.
- Remove Extra or Outdated Plugins.
- Install Caching plugins.
- Try using CDN Services if you have the large business and a huge number of visitors.
- Database Optimization.
If you want to go into details with these page speed optimization techniques, you can read our previous blog Top Tips For Page Speed Optimization
SPEEDING WEBSITE WITH PLUGINS
Easiest way to optimize your website is by using Plugins.
Speed optimization of WordPress site is easy by using plugins. You can do everything from your WordPress dashboard, you don’t need to have technical knowledge. I am going to discuss some of the best WordPress plugins which will help you in boosting the speed of your WordPress site efficiently.
BEST WORDPRESS PLUGINS FOR PAGE SPEED OPTMIZATION
WP Fastest Cache
Comes with great features and the use is not advanced. Due to its easy features, it is used by over 2,00,000 people and it has received great reviews on wordpress.org.
- Easy to setup.
- Minify CSS and HTML
- CDN integration
- Clears caches in 1-click
WP Super Cache
Comes with great features and easy to setup. It is most widely used caching plugin available for WordPress. It’s a simple plugin for beginners but has an additional setting for advanced users. PHP caching is good and recommended for everyone but advanced users can use mod_rewrite caching.
- Serve static HTML files
- CDN support
- Support for multiple caching types (Mod_rewrite, PHP, and Legacy)
- Cache rebuild
- Extra homepage checks.
WP Super Minify
- Easy to use.
- WP-Optimize – It is an effective tool for automatically cleaning your WordPress Database to reduce the webpage load time.
- Removes all unnecessary data.
- Carries out automatic weekly clean-ups.
- Performs optimizations without the need for running manual queries.
Images helps in optimization of your post but it increases the load time of your webpage. Just install and activate the Smush.it plugin, whenever you upload an image, it will be compressed automatically without effecting the image quality. You can compress all older images also by using this plugin.
- Optimize the images.
- Can compress all older images also.
- Stripping meta data from JPEGs.
- Stripping the un-used colors from indexed images.
It inspects your website for SEO, speed, security and performance. Scans your WordPress for probably broken plugins or themes. It improves your website performance a lot.
- Check issues related SEO affecting your site ranking.
- Checks the issues causing slow speed.
- Tests performance of your WordPress.
- Identify broken links and themes.
- Test security issues.
P3 Plugin Profiler
It measures the performance of WordPress sites plugins and tells their impacts on your site’s load time. This plugin uses the canvas element for drawing charts.
- Tells which plugins are slowing down your site’s speed.
- Detailed timeline view.
- Various visualizations and charts.
- Option to use your IP address.
These Plugins going to help you a lot in WordPress speed Optimization. If you want to know more about plugins you can visit the links below
Its easy in wordpress to make and optimize websites
- WordPress is a great platform to start a website(Personal, Blogging or Business), you don’t need to have a technical knowledge it’s a CMS platform easy to use.
- Optimizing the Speed of WordPress site is easy because of its plugins which are very helpful in optimizing the site performance.
- Some of the best plugins in my knowledge are discussed above, you can use them for better site performance.