This is great. You are trying to learn digital marketing, which is a great step. Believe me. A lot of people talk and talk but never really take a step towards improving themselves.
And here you are actually trying to understand about digital marketing. Trying to figure which type of course should you do i.e. a free digital marketing course or a Paid digital marketing course.
And this is where I want to help you. In this blog, I shall be sharing with you how free digital marketing courses are recognised in the industry.
So yeah, let’s get started.
Why Free Digital Marketing Courses
Now before I move to discuss with you about recognition of free digital marketing courses, let us first understand why free digital marketing courses make sense.
From the various benefits that free digital marketing courses have to offer, the major ones are:
- Zero investment cost: Actually this is tricker than it seems. Any free digital marketing course will ask for zero monetary investment. However, when it comes to investment, there is significant time investment. So, it is not as simple as it looks.
- Flexibility: There is a lot of flexibility whenever you are doing a free digital marketing course. There is flexibility of learning hours, there is flexibility of learning style, there is flexibility of time duration. However, this flexibility comes at a cost. The cost is that most of the time flexibility results in leniency. This makes it difficult for any person to actually complete the free digital marketing course.
- Zero Risk: There might be times, that you may not understand digital marketing. And you might realize that digital marketing is not the field for you. This is where, you have to understand that doing a free digital marketing course would be of great help to you. With Zero investment, you would be able to find if digital marketing is the field for you.
Apart from the above there are many other reasons that you must take a free digital marketing course. We have listed and described elaborately for you on why you must take up a free digital marketing course here.
Some Free Digital Marketing Courses
There are a lot of free digital marketing courses available in the market offered by many digital marketing experts.
However, it is important for you to understand which courses are best for you. For this you must understand your learning style. Your learning style has everything to do with what course suits you.
Apart from learning style, you must identify your objective for doing that course. Every digital marketing course has an objective to fulfill. Find a course whose objective matches your goal. We have tried and identified a comprehensive list of courses for you. You can check our Ultimate Guide to Digital Marketing Courses here.
Shortcoming of Free Digital Marketing Courses
But before you venture out to find the best free digital marketing course for yourself, let us first discuss how to find the shortcomings of a free digital marketing course.
The biggest shortcoming of a free digital marketing course is that there is little or zero evaluation.
A good evaluation system is very important for the success of any digital marketing course. There is more and more evidence that any good evaluation is very important for the success of proper delivery of digital marketing content.
Another shortcoming of a free digital marketing course is that there are very few to none doubt clearing sessions. Without doubt clearing sessions it is very difficult to understand digital marketing because of so many practical processes and concepts.
Apart from above, to understand clearly about the shortcomings of a free digital marketing course please check the differences between paid and free digital marketing certification course.
Recognition of Free Digital Marketing Courses
Recognition is one of the most important thing while pursuing the digital marketing courses. Below we have highlighted how free digital marketing courses are recognized by different stakeholders in digital marketing industry:
- By Corporate: Corporate are actually looking for candidates who have cleared an exam. Now that exam has to be taken in strict environment where there is a strict evaluations system. Which is missing in free digital marketing courses. Hence corporate normally don’t recognize free digital marketing courses. Also, apart from the paid digital marketing course certification they are also looking for some work experience.
- By Mid-Size Businesses: Mid-Size businesses have limited budgets while hiring for digital marketing But they still need to have candidates who are certified in digital marketing through a strict evaluation process. However, because of strict budgets they normally settle for less work experience.
- By Small Businesses: Small business are looking for hard core work experience. They don’t really pay much attention if the learning is certified or not. However, certification from a paid course does help but is not the criteria. So if you want to turn up for a small business, you can go for a free digital marketing course.
- By Start-ups: They are the ones who look towards the attitude of a person. So for them have a certificate from a digital marketing course doesn’t add that much. They are looking if the person can learn on the job and execute the multiple tasks allocated to them.
- By Academicians: Academicians normally pay a lot of attention to the certifications. Hence it is always better to be certified if you are appearing for an academic profile. Also, they are strictly looking towards certifications from a government recognized education body, agency etc. So if you want to become an academician then go for a certification which is government recognized.
- By Recruiting Agencies: They pay heavy attention to certifications from popular institutes irrespective of their being from a free course or a paid course. They are looking for something which they can highlight before their prospective and target companies which can earn the candidate an interview. So to be shortlisted by Recruiting Agencies go for any course. The more courses done the better.
Ultimately to choose between a free digital marketing course or a paid one, one should identify their objective.
Objective will define which course suits you the best. As per your goal and target you need to shortlist the best course which suits you. Also connect with us. Share the goals with us. We will suggest the course which suits you the best.