Email Marketing is a way to reach consumers directly via electronic mail.We can easily reach thousands of potential customers directly.It is relatively low cost compare to ads.Emails are the most generic and personal means to reach out people/audience.Running a successful email campaign is not less than winning an Award.Hence we have brought you this amazing strategy of segmenting email list which increases your ROI by 200%.
Email Marketing Brings Following Benefits:
- Email Marketing Helps in Increasing Brand Awareness.
- Emails are Cost Effective.
- Target Right People through segmentation.
- Emails are easy to track and share.
WHAT IS EMAIL CAMPAIGN ?
Email campaigns are commercial message send to a group of people use of electronic mail. It is the best way to stay connected with your clients.
HOW ITS USEFUL ?
- It brings complete attention to potential customers.
- Maximize Business Reach
- It drives more conversions.
- Emails have Higher ROI.
HOW TO CREATE EMAIL CAMPAIGN ?
Step 1 – Chose a Service Provider for running email campaign like mail chimp.
Step 2 – Decide whom you want to send email and import contacts accordingly.
Step 3 – Create and name your Campaign.
Step 4 – Give an appropriate Subject line.
Step 5 – Setup Tracking according to requirement of campaign
Step 6 – Start Creating Template.
Step 7 – Start editing and writing the content
Step 8 – Add Images and logo as per required
Step 9 – Preview and test your Email
Step 10 – Schedule Timing of email.
Step 11 – Track Subscribers, click and open email report.
WHAT IS EMAIL LISTING ?
A list is a number of email id’s who are already your subscribers and wants to hear more from you. The reason behind building an email list is to maximize the value of customers. Email list acts like a company asset as a high-quality list will bring more revenue.
HOW LISTING MAKES YOUR WORK EASIER ?
- Creating list similar sort of people makes conversation easier.
- Email interaction converts prospective clients.
- Email brings good word of mouth Through customer reviews.
WHY IS EMAIL LISTING IMPORTANT ?
It will help to communicate and engage audience easily and brings relevant traffic on a website. It brings a fair idea of when and how to reach out customers as per requirement.
HOW TO CREATE AN EMAIL LIST ?
Step 1 – Navigate to the List Page.
Step 2 – Click Create List.
Step 3 – Write list details in the field.
Step 4 – Enter the email address where you’d like to receive notifications about your list.
Step 5 – Click Save.
WHAT IS EMAIL GROUPING ?
Email Grouping has a great impact on Email Marketing, it is a list of people with similar interests, profession, and hobbies.Groups can be used for any data, like a favorite food, a preferred store location, or anything you want to use to filter your list.
HOW IS EMAIL GROUPING HELPFUL ?
It makes easier to reply all people at once already interacted with. We can also change subject and body line before sending a new email.
Examples to show Email Grouping being helpful :
Education – A teacher wants to separate list of students on basis of stream science and commerce. She can simply divide students into subgroups to send a relevant email to each student.
Medical – Hospital requires separation of patients for physician and gynecologist for sending confirmation of appointments can easily separate into groups.
CREATING GROUP IN A LIST ?
Step 1 – Navigate to list page.
Step 2 – Click drop down menu and chose to manage contacts.
Step 3 – Click groups.
Step 4 – Chose group category and give a name.
Step 5 – Click Save.
WHAT IS EMAIL SEGMENTATION ?
Segmentation is splitting people into more targeted groups. It brings more targeted communication. It gives an ability to send a more targeted communication.
HOW IS SEGMENTATION USEFUL ?
- Segmentation brings a right audience.
- Brings more profitable results
- It brings more customer retention.
- Improves email reputation.
WHY THERE IS A NEED TO SEGMENT EMAIL LIST ?
Segment email list improves conversions and results, it is very beneficial in Email Marketing. After separating list into segments we can send a targeted message to them and hence more chances are there they will revert as its more effective and specifically created for them.
Let us understand not every piece of shoes fits every size.Similarly not every meal appeals to every of diet. So as one size does not fit all. The similar story is with email. We need to personalize it and display the best and right offer to the customers. It is very important in email marketing because you don’t have the advantage of a compelling salesperson all the time.
Therefore, finding and identifying your specific list segmentation is important and more chances are that they will respond to it more effectively. So it is the best way to turn a “one-size” generic email into a precisely targeted email. A great strategy for your Email Marketing.
HOW TO DO SEGMENTATION IN MAILCHIMP ?
Step 1 – Open list tab in mail chimp.
Step 2 – Chose your list.
Step 3 – Create a new Segment.
Step 4 – Chose option as per required.
Step 5 – Preview your segment.
PARAMETERS TO SEGMENT YOUR EMAIL LISTS ?
It’s easy to personify list depending upon our clients. Let’s have look at some of these-
1. Geography – Creating Segmentation on the basis of geography will bring more generic targeting and the segment can be done on basis Location, Landmarks etc. Suppose if your list contains clients from the UK, US Location, can schedule campaign according to GMT.
2. Gender – Separating your database by men and women and presenting different displays and messages to them may result in higher conversions or sales.
3. History – Splitting database on customer history will give a brief idea about likes and dislikes and what is need of improvement is required in the campaign.
4. Education – Diversifying audience list on the basis of education skills will play a vital role. For example, If you are running an education institute segmenting students on basis of graduates and post graduates will bring more clear idea how you can target them in future. And what is the right purpose of targeting them.
5. Designation – Optimizing list as per designation will bring more clear idea how to target people depending on the domain. Like if you are running digital marketing campaign can optimize the list of the basis designation.
6. Customer Behavior – Influencing your customer is not an easy task as they have expectations which have to be fulfilled and we can only get that when we have an idea what they want. For example, if you run a cosmetic website that sells makeup products, you have a large group of ladies who likes your brand want to purchase lipsticks in “warm” colors.
You can check their purchasing history. You can make another group of customers who like to purchase lipstick in “cool” colors. Rather than creating and sending one email to both groups of users it will be better if you are creating two separate emails will bring better results.
Secret recipe to result with Email Marketing is defining the target segment & communicating as per their interests.
At the end just want to highlight that Segmentation varies on campaign and services of an organization. But is sure that segmenting list will better result.
You need to be sure when to use group and when to segment your Email. If we can leverage this amazing way of sending targeted emails to our customers, it can increase our ROI by approximately 200% (atleast this is what our A/B Tests are showing)
If you need any more information on Email Segmentation and its usage, kindly mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do comment and help me with your valuable feedback and how email segmenting is working out for you.